Alfa Beet is a high-fibre, low sugar and starch, conditioning feed. Ideal for aiding hydration or for older horses and ponies who struggle to chew longer length fibre.
- The combination of alfalfa and unmolassed sugar beet pulp provides ‘slow releasing’ energy in the form of highly digestible fibre. Alfa-Beet is therefore ideal for weight gain without over-exuberance.
- Alfa-Beet is ideal for older horses and ponies, where the provision of good quality protein is important and where maintaining condition is often a struggle. Dental problems? – no problem! Alfa-Beet is soaked to produce an easily digestible mash.
- Alfalfa is naturally low in sugar and Alfa-Beet contains only a quarter of the sugar found in conventional molassed sugar beet. Fed with Dengie Hi-Fi Lite, Alfa-Beet is ideal for those horses and ponies, which require a lower sugar diet. Alfa-Beet is a suitable feed for the healthy maintenance of horses and ponies prone to laminitis.
Short Soak Time – Hot Soak in 15 mins!
- Alfa-Beet is easy to use as it soaks to a mash much more quickly than conventional sugar beet pellets. For soaking, we recommend three parts water to one part Alfa-Beet.
- One large Stubbs scoop of dry Alfa Beet pellets = 1.6Kg
- One large Stubbs scoop of soaked Alfa-Beet holds 0.5kg of dry matter if soaked at a 3 parts water to 1 part Alfa-Beet ratio.
Bulk prices available;
You can save when buying in bulk!