James FCS t/a Farm and Country Supplies (“we”/”us”/”our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is James FCS t/a Farm & Country Supplies an unlimited company registered in England and Wales under company number 07178708 and whose registered office is at Wey Court West, Union Road, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 7PT.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.fcsupplies.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Payment details when ordering products and services via the site.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically however, you can accept, delete or disable cookies if you wish. The tools for doing so are usually contained in your internet browser’s “Help” menu. For information on how to control cookies visit: allaboutcookies.org.
If you continue to use our site, you agree to our use of the following cookies:
1. Session cookies (PHPSESSID). This cookie is set upon arrival to our site and operates to enhance your experience for the duration of that visit. It keeps a record of any preferences that you have set during that visit. It also allows information entered into fields of online forms to be retained so that if you need to resubmit a form within the same browsing session you do not have to reenter all the information. Instead the previous attempt is saved and can be edited, saving you time. This cookie is anonymous for the duration of the session and is permanently deleted when you close your browser.
2. WooCommerce Session Cookie. This cookie keeps track of what you have in your shopping cart.
3. Google Maps (APISID, HSID, NID, PREF, SAPISID, SID, SSID). These cookies are used by Google to store user preferences and information when viewing pages with Google Maps on them.
4. Google Analytics. Cookies are used by Google Analytics to collect anonymous information about how visitors use our site, including the number of visitors, where they came from and the pages they visited. The cookies which Google Analytics uses on this site are:
_utma: Records the number of times a user has visited the site as well as the time of their first and last visit
_utmb: Stores details of the moment when a user enters a site
_utmc: Stores details of the moment when a user leaves a site
_utmz: Records where the user came from including details of the search engine, keywords and links used
We use this information to compile reports and to help us improve our site. Information will not be used by us or by Google Analytics to identify or target you for the purposes of advertising or marketing. To learn more about how this information is used by Google Analytics visit: http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/policies/privacy/
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form).
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.